About the Marquette Method Professionals Association
The Marquette Method Professionals Association (MMPA) was founded in 2021, and is the regulatory body for Marquette Method Instructors. We work to foster authentic collaboration between Marquette Method Instructors, to encourage continued scientific study and innovation of the Marquette Method of NFP.
- Promote the instruction of the Marquette Method of NFP to couples by certified teachers
- Foster authentic collaboration between Marquette Method Instructors
- Encourage continued scientific study and innovation of the Marquette Method of NFP
Who are our members?
A certified Marquette Method instructor is a healthcare provider who is educated in modern and evidence-based protocols regarding the science of male and female fertility and follows the moral principles identified in the Ethical and Religious Directives of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops. Through provision of services, couples gain knowledge of their fertility health and are enabled to make informed decisions for avoiding and achieving pregnancy and monitoring reproductive health through all phases of reproductive years.
What we do:
Marquette Method instructors are encouraged to be members of the MMPA in order to receive support and continuing education opportunities as they teach the Marquette Method of Natural Family Planning. The MMPA membership commitee screens providers to ensure they meet the educational requirement for certification.
As the research changes, so should the depth and breadth of the knowledge of the Marquette Method Instructor. The MMPA encourages continuing education of the members and provides opportunities to further their knowledge in the field of fertility.
The MMPA fosters a sense of community among its members, encouraging leadership from experienced Marquette Method Providers and fellowship among members.
The MMPA brings together all Marquette Method Instructors, creating an interdisciplinary team of health care providers.
Participation in Research
The MMPA advocates for continued research in the field of NFP and fertility. Members of the MMPA are encouraged to participate in and conduct research to expand the knowledge of human fertility.
Continuing education is vital for health care providers – the MMPA provides an avenue for fertility educators to learn more from interdisciplinary experts in the field.
The MMPA has varying levels of membership including:
- Full Membership – open to healthcare providers who have completed the Marquette Method Teacher training through the Marquette Institute of NFP
- Associate Membership – a member of the public who is serves in a committee role within the MMPA (this position is by invite only)
- Student Membership – open to healthcare providers who are currently completeing the Teacher Training through the Marquette Institute of NFP
- Retired Membership – open to Marquette instructors with a minimum of 5 years teaching experience who are no longer actively teaching clients
- Supporters – Individuals who aren’t eligible for membership can donate to the MMPA
To promote the instruction of the Marquette Method of NFP to couples by certified teachers, to foster authentic collaboration between Marquette Method Instructors, and to encourage continued scientific study and innovation of the Marquette Method of NFP.
News and Events
Marquette Method Instructors can review the most recent research in the field by clicking here!
Marquette Method Instructors are welcome to join us at the Marquette University Institute of Natural Family Planning on August 20 and 21st, 2021 for the Annual MUINFP Summit
Opportunities for Collaboration
Are you a family doctor or nurse practitioner who wants to know more about the Marquette Method for clinical practice? Get in touch with us!
The MMPA is excited to announce that we’ll be opening membership applications on December 1, 2021. For more information on how to become a member of the MMPA, click here!